Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Happy New Year:leprechaun: To all u Wingers out there.

After 20 years off bikes I bought a 1986 Interstate (Needing work). I quickly realised that it would barely fit into my shed. OK no prob,just buy a new shed.

Paid 850 euro to get the base in, 700 euro for the shed (diy)(YARDMASTER).

I decided to erect the shed , nice calm day --28th dec..am. F***** The wind turned to storm and to tornado!! . The wind hasnot calmed down since, thanks b 2 g .I put in the anchors supplied otherwise the shed would have ended up in Clonee.

:gunhead:OK here comes the request ???.

The shed is on a concrete base --fairly level. The rainis driving under the shed base .

Howshould Iseal it, mastik,some sort of flashing or what.

Until I get the shed sorted I cant get Wingin!!:clapper:

Where are the 1200 Emoticons:action:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Hi Poacher

If the gap is not too great, I would recommend a none setting mastic such as gutter sealant as this type of product can be applied when the surfaces are damp. Will stick to any material. Can be purchased at any builders merchants, or DIY shop.

Hope this helps.:clapper:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

Go to a window shop they will have foam backer rod, looks like rope and made of foam that will come in different sizes. Pack this inas it will fill most any gaps and apply some type of sealent. This is wind and water proof. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

As your concrete is fresh, you can rough it with a chipper and grout the base fairly easy. A good sealant over that and you should be set to go.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey you ungrateful sods this is a goldwing forum. :whip: I dont knowanything about Goldwings, :crying:and I know absolutely nothing about building sheds for Goldwings. :baffled:I seePoacheron horse/back riding into the sunset :clapper:and this guy is a "Guru" and has only posted 12 times and he says he has been off bikes over 20yrs. :baffled: This must call for another inquiry/investigation. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

:goofygrin:Redwing. wrote:
Hey you ungrateful sods this is a goldwing forum. :whip: I dont knowanything about Goldwings, :crying:and I know absolutely nothing about building sheds for Goldwings. :baffled:I seePoacheron horse/back riding into the sunset :clapper:and this guy is a "Guru" and has only posted 12 times and he says he has been off bikes over 20yrs. :baffled: This must call for another inquiry/investigation. :whip:

Life can be such a bitch Redwing. The Uk has Tony Blair obtained the title Prime Minister:dude:, theUS has George Bush:dude: both obtained their position by deseption, both know sod all about their chosen subject running and leading their contries, so why should this fotum be any different. It looks like the only way to get what you want is to lie through your teeth.

Did'nt you invent the :18red:,10 different models, with a new 2006 Model on the bench, complete with a 2000cc 6 inline cylinder, 24 valve engine with lots of free chrome and in 10 shades of RED:18red::18red::18red::18red::18red::18red::18red::18red::18red:. Inventer of the shed to garage a Gold Wing, complete with water tight base. Then and only then will you get the chance of promotion.

Or you may still wish to sleep at night, any way the title does'nt pay well.:goofygrin:

Come to think of it, the New Year honest/ Honerslist still has'nt been published.:whip::whip:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Manxblackcat-I can assure you one thing , if the "insurgents"and "Terrorist" could have voted in the US for the Presidency they would have voted for "John Kerry" not George Bush, that says alot!

Pete "the Greek" Agriostathes

Forward Observer/recon

101st Airborne Div

Viet Nam 14 months

"Bush Vet"

( lzsally.com) (roster and poetry section)

"The Call of The Wall" etc.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I know, I know, this isn't a political forum... I really love my country (USA), but the current administration is driving it into the ground. We're in debt up to our ears, we're in a war that we shouldn't be in, much of the world dislikes us, the arabs hate us, and American workers are paying the way for the elite.

I'm really tired of the crap that republicans spew about, "you're not patriotic" or, "Love it or leave it." I spent 21 years in the military defending this counrty (and a vetran of the first Gulf War). Also spent years afterwards in the Middle-East (in the service of my country). I think I have a right to say what I want... I certainly earned that right.

We've now dug a hole so deep that it'salmost impossible to escape now. I sure hoped Kerry would have won the election, but the Americans were duped by the elite, distracting attention away from the real issues by introducing religious hot-button non-issues. It was clever, but deceitful and not good for America.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Hey Lifes a Peach all Hairy and Bum shaped. Loving your country has nothing to do with the people who allegedly run it the country is still going to be there long after there gone. As for saying what you like, hell YOU fought for your democracy so use it.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

If Kerry would have won it would be 10 times worse in the end!

Plus his lies caught up with him!

And I'm not in love with Bush either!

It 's deeper than who's the president it goes alway back to "the Illuminati" and a few other entities!

Hey at least we agree on GoldWings !

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Yep, I guess we agree on Goldwings... and that's a good thing. We'd probably agree on many other things too - more than one might expect.

However, I still assert that Bush and his religious-right cronies did a good job at duping the American public. If you really study the things they say, you'd realize that theywere the one's lying - or at least distorted the truth in a way that completely ignores reason. Almost every statement made by his partywas/is a fallacy (distortion of the truth, distraction, etc.). People fell for it and now we're stuck for another 4 years.

Wingdawg, you said, "Kerry's lies caught up to him" What lies are you referring to? I don't know of any, and I followed the campaign very closely.

Oh well, I say we agree to disagree. Like you said Wingdawg, at least we can agree on Goldwings. This is after all, a Goldwing forum!

I hope the weather gets better... I need a ride!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

You guys think you got it tough. Here in New Zealand we are so politically correct we wont make a decision without UN backing. We have just legalised prostitution, homosexual marraige and we are about to make it illegal to say anything against a minority group. We had a convicted terriorist (Achmed Zouie) in jail for 2 years for trying to get in on a false passport and we have just let him out and he will probably sue the government for 2 years without a trial. Convicted murderers getting compensation because after misbehaving in Jail got put in solitary, while their victims and victims families get nothing.Groups get preferential treatment on the basis of race. About the worst thing you can be here is a white middle class, middle aged male, high tax, no assistance.

We have a population of just over 4,000,000 and over half of them recieve government financial assistance. this leads to career benificiaries and a real tax rate of well over 50%. We have over 500 politicians (local and central government) all taking massive salaries.

That is what liberal governments do for you.

In saying that I love NZ and its a great place to live. We enjoy a good standard of living, low crime and reasonable working conditions. Great climate (I ride all year round) Great natural resources, mountains, beaches, parks etc. Its a great place to raise kids ( I have 4). They can go to school and you don't have to worry about them, they can ride their bike in relative safety etc etc

I choose to live in NZ. You choose to live in Ireland/UK/USA or wherever and we can count ourselves blessed that we live in countries where we can ride our wings!!!!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:

Hey REDWING dont get so depressed :(,,he may be a shed builder guru ,,or a car polisher GURU ,,he must be good at something to make Guru status,So where does that leave you ?:baffled:

You must be good at something :goofygrin:,,,now let me think ,,mmmmmmah yes I know ,begging ,we could make you the begging GURU ,:clapper:,would that keep you happy ,,or the brown nose Guru :jumper:,,or the "I love everybody ,make me a guru please " guru ,:cooldj:,any other suggestions ? Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Wingdawg101... Were you in Nam?

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Hi Poacher, look what your shed has done. World war 11 started with less discussion.

If this gets out of hand we'll have no bloody countries or roads to ride our pride and Joys on, just because your shed leaked.

I started a new post 'Politics and our WIngs' to encuridge the political debait to continue, as Einstine stated 'all is relevent'.

ps. Hope you got your shed sorted out.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Redwing. wrote:

:DFirstly I would like to thank all the Members out there for all the help and advice they have given me in the past. My understanding of this forum was for people with an interest in Honda Goldwings would share tips etc. Up to now this has always been my experience.

:cooldevil::cooldevil:

I could not believe my eyes when I read the post above. The arogance of this man .

I have been a member on several forums over the years and most site Administrators will not tolerate this type of behaviour.

As for the GURU thing, no one was as suprised as I was--I knew I did not deserve it, I took it for granted that it was a mistake. Maybe some day I will earn the status.

In the meantime thanks again to the genuine members and guru's--Keep up the good work :clapper:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Ah now Declan lighten up a bit ,,REDWING is the comedian on this site and he has always given us a laugh,I can assure you that no offence was meant ,if you read back on the forum over the last 6 months you will see that he is the one person who welcomes everybody to the forum and tries to help as many people as he can ,

Without REDWING this forum would not be the same ,,I always get a laugh at his comments and answers ,,,

We all have a sense of humour here only some people find it harder to find than others so lighten up and enjoy the forum ,,

And Redwing if you are reading this ,,all those nice things I said about you still wont make you a GURU ..:)cheers Ciaran:waving:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Redwing can't be accused of being racist, he takes a shot at everbody and I doubt if he means any of it really :action:. Otherwise he would be turfed out of here fast. I don't think he meant any offence, this is the general discussion forum and sheds are okay to discuss.
Anyway, your shed may be bolted down to the blocks. You will need to loosen all the bolts, then use a crowbar to raise it up a bit at a time (about 10mm) and put wooden wedges under to hold it up off the blocks. Then silicone under the edges and pull th ewedges out so that the base sits back on the blocks and bolt it down again. This worked for my dad and me when we built one of those tin sheds 30 years ago. I hope it works for you. :D
I've read your old posts, you were helpful with some of the other users. You eaerned your guru badge, even though it's just for a bit of fun. :clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah lighten up onREDWING the poor guy is still grievin' over the loss of old Shep who ran away in shame 'cause of the aforementioned top poster's begging. The poor old fella (REDWING, not Shep) is under such a strain he thinks red is the fastest color enven afterIhave scientifically and philosophically proven it to be green. The poor man lives on an island and thought he rode his bike over the water to the mainland until I was able to convince him he was actually using a car ferry. Now I'd agree some of us, me specifically, don't deserve the exalted status of GURU, but gratefully and humbly accept the gift. I've been using this impressive credential in applying for a professorship at the University of Washington, no results yet but I'll keep you all posted. I can understand REDWING's desire for such international acclaim, after all when I tell 'em at McDonalds that I'm a certified GURU, they sell me a cup of coffee at the senior citizen's discount. So take it easy on the old guy, he's under a lot of stress.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Whah ! ! Im just away a few days to bury myyoung brother-in-law R..I.P. and I come back here and all hell has broken loose again, :whip: the last time hell broke loose was about my promotion to top poster. :crying:This Poacher guy takes no messing. :baffled: I wouldn't like to meet him in a dark night. :stumped: The only thing I said was that I dont know anything about :15red::18red::1000yellow:eek:r building sheds and he wants me banned from the forum. :crying:Ah well thats another "Tribunal" I better say my goodbye just in case the jury rules against me. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

:crying: :18red: :crying:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.