Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
It's most likely a sticking throttle, throttle cable, or carb linkage. With the engine off, open the throttle all the way, then let go of it. It should snap back closed. If it doesn't, something is sticking.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,391 Posts
That can also be caused by the carbs being way out of sync, or the idle circuits being miss-adjusted.
How long has it been since the bike has had an idle drop procedure and re-sync done?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Another quick question... when you say "doesn't drop off like it used to", do you mean that when you pull the clutch in to shift the rpms stay up, or that when you shift and let the clutch back out the rpms don't drop? Because that would be two different avenues of diagnosis...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i pull in clutch and back off throttle rpm takes 2-3 seconds to drop off. i lubed both throttle cables with ACF 50(aircraft anti-corrosion tx)by injecting with a syringe and movement is very smooth. i can hear stops hitting in both directions. when i release throttle it snaps back very quickly. i purchased carb-sync kit from e-bay, followed video and they adjusted easily. what do i try next. thanks to all the replys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.