Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In need of the bolt and nut for the side for a 1984 aspencade 1200.Bike took a tumble today PO had used a low grade bolt and I hadnt noticed.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I see one on Evilbay but it's not pretty.:sadguy:
When I broke mine I did find one at a local wrecker.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah around here none close,seen a few on ebay but was stand only no bolt or nut

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Should be able to use a grade-8 or structural bolt and nut
available from an industrial supply store.

Chris

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah only problem is the bolt has a larger shaft where it goes thru the frame,so a regular bolt allows it to wobble.Have seen a couple listed on ebay that was complete side stand with spring and bolt,may go that route if I cant find anything in next few days.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Check to see if your dealer has a "90108-MG9-680" in stock.
It was used from 1985 to 1991 and appears to still be available.

The 10mm threaded portion you can check in your stand and the shank should be 12mm OD by 20mm long.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks..I got a chance to ride today and lucked up on a side stand and nut.Wasnt from a wing tho..(I know shame on me)...but came from a Yamaha 750,same length and size,smaller footprint,but close.Only had to weld the spring hanger in right spot,worked perfect.The year of the bike was 1981,so if anyone needs a replacement,they are tons of them.The bolt and nut were same exact size and length,and from eye appeared to be same thread.My stand was cracked and had opened just far enough the bolt would not thread into it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.