Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an issue…. I have a 1986 Aspencade 1200 that I bought about a year ago. I have used it plenty and it always ran like a champ. I just preformed an oil change on it and now it is giving me BIG issues! I preformed all the necessary checks while doing the oil change ( the spring and washer and all o-rings were changed out, and the proper amount of oil was added ). So I finish the oil change start her up and let her warm up. The whole time she runs fine. I hop on after about 10 min and shoot down the block, here's the fun part. She stalls out and gives me an oil warning light a fuel system light and a taillight warning light. Try to start her again… no luck. I turned her off waited 10 min and she started. I toke her home and checked all oil levels again, battery charge was good. So I waited a day tried to take her to the gas station last night thinking maybe she was thirsty for some hi-test and she died down the block again only this time she wouldn't start and I had to push her home. :-( I'm hoping someone here will have an idea on what may be causing this. Thank you in advance.

-a stranded goldwing

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
i'd be looking for a connector issue or a fuse loose,doesn't sound like it a pg issue since they normally dont go out so soon after startting but do come back after a cooldown
you might also have a fuel or ignition issue

do you have any repair manuals for troubleshooting tips or any circuit diagrams?

·
Administrator
27,900 Posts
You mentioned a fuel system light, is it a SEI? What are the conditions of it not starting? Does it turn over and not start or does it not turn over?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill check the oil when I get home. But I used whatever the book said. And yes it's an SEI And it cranks but won't turn over

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
missed the fuel system light,having an SEI is a whole different ballgame on posible problems

first thing you need to do is read the ecm warning lights BEFORE YOU TURN OFF MC,once the mc is turned off the ecm resets and codes are gone untill the situation occurs again

diagnosing problem you are going to at least have a copy of the SEI supp
to start

pm sent

might help to correct your location in your profile,you might find there is a forum member locally that can help you

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.