Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been diagnosing what I thought was a fuel issue on my 85 interstate. When the bike is cold, it starts fine, and runs perfectly for about 20-30 min then abruptly stalls out. It won't start again after that, until it cools down again. I just noticed today that the oil light is on before it stalls and stays on while the key is on, but the bike is not running. I don't notice the oil light when I'm starting it cold.

The stalling only happens when the bike is at normal operating temps. Mysterious...

·
267 Posts

·
Administrator
27,951 Posts
Are you sure the oil light is on while the engine is still running? It should always come on when the key is on and the engine is stopped then go off when the engine starts.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

I'll check the oil light tomorrow when I mess with it again. The 3 threads posted had some interesting things to check. The first time it ever happened was after trying the kill switch for the first time. It may have never been used before. I'll check the switch before the coils.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.