Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys... I have a customer with a shorted out stator.. I haven't purchased one in years, so I'm not up to speed on how much they cost now, or where to get one..

Any suggestions??? :stumped:

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Hi guys... I have a customer with a shorted out stator.. I haven't purchased one in years, so I'm not up to speed on how much they cost now, or where to get one..

Any suggestions??? :stumped:
I have installed a 1200 stator from electrexusa. They have recently changed names to electrosport. The one I put in was very high quality but not cheap. Can't say the new company is the same quality but looks like the same on their web site.]

http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_electrical_honda.html]

Twisty

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks.. Keep em' coming...

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Here is one, not sure how good it may be, the guy says it puts out more than the standard stator. ebay # 4559943511

I see them on ebay fairly regular. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Great responses.. I bid one on E-Bay for $175.. Hope it works out... Thanks to all of you.. I really appreciate it... Renegade...

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hey Renegade:waving:After you get it, please let us know which one you chose and why if you don't mind.

Dean

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
imported post

The first one looks like a rewound one because it has no plug.

The second one has dark spots on some windings may be bad.When mine went it looked like this one.

The third one looks great.Has both plugs but 208.00 us is too steep.I could check in Canada and i think they are cheaper.You should get the rear coverGASKETS also.

I believe there are 2 or 3

Dman

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

IMHO - I'm sure the ones on ebay work, but at least if you bought it new it would have a warranty/return policyshould it arrive defective.

Ken

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
imported post

I still think the price is pretty steep for a USED stator.

Dman

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I just bought an 84 GW Aspencade that has been sitting since the seller bought a new GW two years ago.

He passed on the tidbit that the stator is one of the few problems he had in 200,000 miles he put on the bike, so I'm extremely interested in information concerning the "wiring connection" that he kept mentioning.

What exactly can I expect and what is the "car Alt" fix you mentioned?

I'm just getting started cleaning up the bike and haven't progressed to actually putting a wrench to it yet...dang front porch rebuild has taken up aLL my free time the past two weekends...and I'm chafing at the bit to get back to riding!

:baffled:

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

BobLyle wrote:
I just bought an 84 GW Aspencade that has been sitting since the seller bought a new GW two years ago.

He passed on the tidbit that the stator is one of the few problems he had in 200,000 miles he put on the bike, so I'm extremely interested in information concerning the "wiring connection" that he kept mentioning.

I'm just getting started cleaning up the bike and haven't progressed to actually putting a wrench to it yet...dang front porch rebuild has taken up aLL my free time the past two weekends...and I'm chafing at the bit to get back to riding!

Bob
Hey Bob:waving:There is a lot of info on the forum about these subjects, just do a search for the subjects, here is one that might help.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1026&forum_id=1&jump_to=9094#p9094

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

BobLyle wrote:

Bob
Welcome to the forum Bob. You will get good advice and help here. Sounds like your ride may already have had a new stator. But you should look after the yellow wires and fusable link projects that a search will reveal, and if your stator has been replaced, you may prolong its life a lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.