Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm stuck on the road far from home. I can't get my WIng into neutral and it won't start in gear. It's in third gear and I cannot get it down into second or neutral. Any advice for a stranded rider???

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
imported post

Check the wires on the clutch switch. If they are still attached disconnect them and use a paper clip or other wire and connect the ends together, it should start in gear with them connected. Don't forget to pull in the clutch. You should be able to make it home by taking off in 3rd. You could also roll start it.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

How far from home & in which direction are you ? :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
imported post

If you have floorboards with a heel/toe shift , look that over well and see if there is a problem in the linkage ,binding or blocking movement .

If you can get it up on the center stand ,rock the rear tire while trying to shift back to neutral .

Also might be helpful to let it cool down ( which I suspect it has by now

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Problem solved. A guy stopped and told me sometimes a pin (???) gets stuck . He rocked it back and forth and sure enough it worked. I'm mobile again. I was 10 hours from home for the guy who asked.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Glad to see you got going again. Ride on!!!:action:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I asked, enjoy your ride, :waving::waving::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

I live near Edmonton and my wife and I are in Vernon, BC staying in a condo. I trailered the bike with me and I'm doing sone rides while here. So were several days from where you live. I'm relieved that the Wing is well again.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

10 hours?! That's not far! Could have pushed it home if it had been me. Oh yeah, we don't all live on the flatlands.:D Glad you got it going. Been there. Done that. Felt like I was an owner of another bike that begins with an "H".

Hey, we should start a thread titled "The farthest you've been stranded from home".

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear you are on the road again!
Mine did that at an intersection once and I had to push it into a service station. I put in some hydrolic fluid and the clutch worked fine after that.
You might check the fluids to be safe, just a thought..
gene

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.