Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does Michelin make a set of tires that will fit the GL1200? I have E3's and like them, but the Pilots would be my choice this spring if they make a set that fits.

Thanks,

No Harley Here

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

the pilots are just made for the 1500's, i used metzlers on my 1200 and they were awsome. what a difference over the dunlops

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

I had Avon Venom's on my 1200 and they made it ride like a sportbike...
cheers,
Kevo

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Another place for tires is http://www.motorcyclesuperstore.com I just recently purchased a set of E3's from them for 190.98 (with 20.00 discount) and free shipping. The tire date stamp was 3308 which to me is good date :) I will be going back to buy from again in the future. I am new to the bike seen as of last spring and really can't qualify on what is best tire for what, I can tell you what is workingfor me now though :action:

Good luck on finding the tires you want.

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks to all for your input.

Our weather is warming up here in Kentucky and I was able to ride for several hours last weekend plus take the bike to work two days in the last two weeks.

Thanks again,

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

I'm with beachbuddy...go with the Metzlers.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,748 Posts
imported post

Hi, No Harley Here...

Just a word. "DTC". Bridgestone Spitfires have a "Dual Tread Compound"

They're very reasonably priced andwear as well as anything I've tried.

Very comfortable ride and EXCELLENT grip and feel. I don't recommend Bridgestone's touring model though. I had4 rear tires split, all the same way, all within 7K miles.

Another good choice is the Pirelli "M66 Route" I've got them on my "87 now and they seem to stick very well but I can't comment on the wear. They seem to weave a bit at high speeds (above 90mph) if overinflated but nothing twitchy or scary.

Oh, and two more words. FORGET METZLER! Trust me on this point. I had one set of them many years ago. The only good thing about them was they wore out very quickly so I could get them off the bike. The handled miserably.

And remember. Your dealer is going to try to sell what makes him the most profit.

Order the 'Stones or the Pirellis.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,748 Posts
imported post

Hi, No Harley Here...

Just a word. "DTC". Bridgestone Spitfires have a "Dual Tread Compound"

They're very reasonably priced andwear as well as anything I've tried.

Very comfortable ride and EXCELLENT grip and feel. I don't recommend Bridgestone's touring model though. I had4 rear tires split, all the same way, all within 7K miles.

Another good choice is the Pirelli "M66 Route" I've got them on my "87 now and they seem to stick very well but I can't comment on the wear. They seem to weave a bit at high speeds (above 90mph) if overinflated but nothing twitchy or scary.

Oh, and two more words. FORGET METZLER! Trust me on this point. I had one set of them many years ago. The only good thing about them was they wore out very quickly so I could get them off the bike. The handled miserably.

And remember. Your dealer is going to try to sell what makes him the most profit.

Order the 'Stones or the Pirellis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.