Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Whats the safe weight to pull with these things??Could/Would it be safe to pull a 12'Jon boat and trailer this thing is small but man that would be the cats behind to take it crabbing???Your thoughts thanks

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

How much would boat and trailer weigh? Probably no more than a Bunkhouse camper loaded up. The bike would pull it, but the brakes could be overworked in a panic situation.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I can handload the boat and pul it around the yard by hand no backing required Id love to just get it to the bay crab a day or two camp in a tent and come home w/a bushel or two in a cooler Id say no more then 500lbs but Ill get the weights

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

I don't think one would have to back it down the ramp as the boat and motor only weigh 160# or so and you and your pillion should be able to pick it up and drop it in the water.

What I would be concerned about is the length of the trailer. If the trailer light as it is starts to whip it could take down you and your bike before you could say oh ****.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

We used to travel with a 1986 Aspencade, complete with a HitchHiker sidecar and Timeout camper. My wife would ride in the sidecar and my son on the pillion.
I don't think you will have any problem.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thats what I have I really dont think this will be over 500lbs I ride around town and small roads and get a feel or it,thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Don't forget the Old Bay !!!!

Former Chesapeake Bay Crabber Jim

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

there is a video of a goldwing pulling a car with a stinger of sorts on the goldwing, quite the little tow truck, if it can pull that then you should be ok, dont think i would try pulling it out of the water though and anything you put in the boat should be in the front

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
I don't think one would have to back it down the ramp as the boat and motor only weigh 160# or so and you and your pillion should be able to pick it up and drop it in the water.

What I would be concerned about is the length of the trailer. If the trailer light as it is starts to whip it could take down you and your bike before you could say oh s***.
You would really have to monitor the tongue weight closely. To little / much & you could be in trouble. Outside of that I would say go for it. Just remember the slightly wider turns.:action:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.