Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

The LCD display Trip Odometers reset to some random numbers each time I turn the bike off. I would expect this to happen if I disconnect the battery... (which it does). But, it also happens whenever I turn the bike off.

If the bike is running, I can toggle between the 2 trip meters and reset them to zero. And as long as the bike is running, the milage counts normally.

Is it possible it's a fuse? Or are there some wiring gremlins that someone sent over to my house just to mess with me? Or is there some logical mechanically accurate explanation anyone can offer?

Any input on this subject?

Thanks
- Craig

·
killer driller
781 Posts
I'm no expert but I have an 86 aspy and I can remove my battery and replace it and my trip odometer doesn't reset,it will return to the last reading.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solved!

My Trip Odometers (Tripmeters) seem to be OK now!

Here is what I THINK was the problem.
Dirty connection (Green 9-pin) plug connecting the Tripmeter buttons to the LCD display. I found that several of the connectors had dirty pins.

I used some Electrical Parts cleaner on the pins and got them clean and since then the Tripmeters have been working!

NOTES:
1) The pin connectors for the LCD are in the fairing on the front of the bike just below the windshield.

2) The 7.5a fuse underneath the left side fairing pocket provides 'back-up' power to the LCD, Radio and Clock. I had previously found that this Fuse was OK. But, if you have a similar problem, check this fuse first.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man i have been looking all over for this info. My shop manual(clymer), had nothing in it about a tripmeter/odometer at all. Im gona give it a go in the morning to see if this fixes it. Thanks a ton.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.