Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Can anyone post a photo of the inside of the trunk lid on a 1200aspencade. The tool box is missing on mine and I just want to see what it looks like.

Many thanks Paul;)

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
The good news is, I just took pics of the insides of my bags, the bad news is I don't have the memory card with me right now. I'll post them later tonight.

That said, at least on the LTD the tool BAG (not a box) is located in the right side lower saddle bag at the back. Not sure the Aspencade is the same, so don't take my word alone.

Like I said, I'll get the pics up later tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
As promised, here's some pics of both the trunk lid and the side bag... you'll notice the little brown "bag" in the side saddle bag, that's the tools. I don't have any pics from inside the bags on my old aspencade, and I can't honestly remember if and where the tools were there, but I think it was the same. Hope these pics help

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks blackknytecnc

Its the frame and lid inside the top box lid thats missing on mine. I assumed it was a tool storage box but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the pics.

Paul

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Paul
The tool pack is too heavy to go in the lid. They go in the bags. The 1100 had a tray that was in the right bag rear shelf area. Not sure on the 1200s if they had a tray IR not.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
My 85 Aspencade had the tools in the same location as shown in the picture that Blackk posted.

What you are missing is the cover with attached mirror. I never did figure out what to put in there.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
jdvorchak;171581 What you are missing is the cover with attached mirror. I never did figure out what to put in there.[/QUOTE said:
Maybe that was an Accessory and not on all the 1200s just those that were purchased by the original owners.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
My '84 Asp had the lid box with mirror. Tools were in the right bag rear as shown in the pics.
Bobbydsp

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
What you are missing is the cover with attached mirror. I never did figure out what to put in there.
I find it a very convenient spot for the owner's manual, registration, and insurance... plus the mirror is kinda nifty for dealing with helmet hair :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks for your replies.

As there are screww holes around the appeture, I think I am just missing the frame and lid.

Regards Paul

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
You are correct Paul, all there is to that pocket is the pocket itself which is cast into the lid and then the trim ring with built in lid that screws on. Very simple assembly, but probably gonna be a bear to get your hands on one. You may want consider trying your hand at a home made replacement?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.