Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone use the tall windshield on their 1200? If so how do you like it? I found one at wingstuff and I am thinking about putting one one because the stock one gives me a lot of noise when I have my visor down on my helmet. I wear a full face helmet and just want to cut down on the noise.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

I cannot answer your question directly, but in case you are not aware of it, your OEM windshield has about one inch of vertical adjustment built in to it. Its a long shot, but if it is down now, it may be worthwhile to raise it before spending a lot on something not needed. :waving:

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

i ran a 4" taller windshield on my 1984 interstate. i am 6'3" and found the noise level and the buffetting was greatly decreased.i didn't find any real issues lookingthrough the screen,i just sat up straighter to see over in the fog or rain.my current 1800 has a F4+4" windshield. i love it. i gave the vent from my original 1800 screen to my buddy AVA autotech. he installed it in his 1200 screen after cutting a vent hole. he is quite happy with the vent and finds less screen buffeting plus the ventilation is a bonus on a hot day.i think some of the manufacturers may offer the vent as an option or add one from an 1800 as AVA did.

hope this helps. john :15red:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.