Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

On my 1200 aspencade I have a tall wrap around windshield which is great. The problem I have is that when it rains I have to try to look over the screen for a clear veiw. I am thinking of cutting a slot at eye hight to overcome this. I would be glad of any advice on how to cut the slot, or should I take it to an expert.

Regards Paul

P.S. have just completed a 2 day 'Bikesafe' workshop, fantastic, would recomend it to anyone.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Cut the height to a point where you look over it and see an object 80' in front of the bike without looking through the windshield. Fog is the other problem with tall windshields.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

You can cut it yourself if you have the proper tools and go slow. I took mine to a local glass shop, however, and it cost me $15 for a professional looking job. You just need to mark the height you want it cut down to and tell them to keep the stock profile.

If you cut a slot in it, you'll get water through it anyway and the occasional bug strike to the face so it's six of one half dozen of the other.:)

Hobie

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks for your comments, I may get a profesional to have a look.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

Paul,

Whatever you do DON'T cut a hole in the windshield at eye height! That's a bad plan. How are you going to stop the rain from coming right through that and onto your faceshield?

Do what others have said and cut the height of the windshield down to where you can just look over in in the rain if you sit up really straight.

I take another route. I have a tall windshield that I can't look over in the rain because I need it tall to keep the wind buffeting off of my wife on the back seat.

I just use Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish to wax the windshield and the water runs right off of it. No problem seeing through it in the rain that way. Some use lemon Pledge for polishing as well, and that works too.

Good luck with it whatever you decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.