Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for anyone:

I have an 84 aspencade 1200 and the 4th cylinder(closest to left foot) is not working correctly. I have narrowed it down to not getting enough fuel, so i assume the carb needs a little cleaning. Maybe a clogged jet.

Has anyone ever gotten the carb bowl off without pulling the whole system out??

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Based on the design of the carburetors on the GL1000, GL1200 and GL1500, I think it would be virtually impossible to remove the carb bowl without removing the rack first.

Please post a video if you are able to do so. I've had the carbs off my GL1000 no less than a half dozen times to adjust the floats; the ability to remove the bowls without removing the carbs would have been a Godsend.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
It's probably easier to remove the carbs than try to 'piddle' around and remove the float chamber on the bike.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Even if you do manage to get the float bowl off I really doubt you'd get the jets out and the passages cleaned with the rack installed. Not to mention check the float level.

It's only a PIA the first time you remove the rack. One tip, that I don't think you'll find anywhere, is once the rack is all loosened up and ready to come out the left side, rotate the entire rack counter clockwise a few degrees and let the back of the rack rest on the case and lift the front of the rack slightly. You will be amazed at how easy they are to remove and replace. Just remember if the rack doesn't come out easily you are doing it wrong. Don't even try to force it. You can't and you'll probably break something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.