Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

does anyone know if the engine mounting stud/rod is one complete unit from one side of the bike to the other? The mounting stud/rod I am talking about is the one that the bottom of the engine gaurds attach to. I can't move mine at all, on the right side of the bike is a bolt head, on the left side is a stud. I am assuming it is one piece all the way through. I have been soaking it forabout 4 - 5 days with all kinds of penetrating oil. I just heated it tonight to about 400 defs F. And if it is one piece, any Ideas on how to get it out? This is on a GL1200 SEi, 1986

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

i think it a stud w two nuts at each end...but i could be wrong.....gotta hold one turn the other...if its never been off you ca try sprayin it up good and lay the bike down on a carpet for a few so the juice will travel down the rod

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I have been soaking them for days. Can't move the bolt/Stud. Tipping the bike and laying it down maybe a little tricky. The penetration oil I am using says it will creep.

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
imported post

The only diagram I have access to at work shows all three of the long throughbolts as being one piece. Have you tried an impact wrench ,(air) ??? And sorry your welcome has to be under these conditions... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Hi ChaseW, Welcome to our very informative Forum. You could maybe give us your area your in and maybe just maybe, there is one of the members from this site that is only a few min. from you and could drop over and give you a hand. Wish you the best on that one. :waving: :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.