6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

howdoes the brake peddle fit on a GL1200 the one on my son's bike seems to high

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

The brake petal is on a spline and there are index marks on the end of the shalt and on the petal that should be lined up.

If the petal is bent "unlikely" you can try installing it one tooth off and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
imported post

The bike may have also had the pedal raised to accommodate floor boards. I've had to raise the pedal on both the wings I've had with floorboards so that the brake will engage before bottoming on the board.

In addition to Ken's remark above... Remember that in order to change the height of the pedal you need to take the bolt all the way out as it is used as a "keeper" for the pedal.

Ken

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the information,on my 1100 the peddle misses the floorboard all together so his being on top didn't feel right

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi ARMS and welcome to the forum from Texas. Most of the floorboards onFour cylinder Wingsare the Markland design and require raising the brake pedal above the board as Ken says. The original Marklands came with a stud to use as a heel rest for easier brake operation and control.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.