Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently installed a stock cb with AVC on my wing as it was missing when I purchased it.All the electrical connections were there and I used a honda diagram to wire correctly.However the auto volume and tone control do not operate.Thinking it was a faulty AVC I tried a different AVC and had the same results.So it is to this vast wealth of professional wisdomI come.I thank this site for all the insite and help a home wrench could ask for!Moon.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

The GL1200 audio system is very complex. I think this could be one for Sierras man Wayne to advise on.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

If you have the 1200 Aspencade, it came standard with the AVC. The AVC and tone control only work on external speakers as they are on the output of the external amplifier. AVC nor tone control do much even when working properly on the 1200.

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Wayne,I do have an aspy and have not tried it with the external speakers.Thanks for the info and this site,Moon.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

Moon,
I thought you might be expecting the AVC to work thru the headsets and it does not. On the 1500 and 1800 it works in both headset mode and external speakers.

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Too bad it doesnt work through both as the headsets are always plugged in(better sound quality).thanks again for sharing your info and providing me with a better understanding of the system.

BTW I just recieved myCB unit back from Sierra for some adjustments and thier service was prompt and they stood behind it. Something that in many otherbusinesseshas become lost in the greed for money first, service later. Moon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.