Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been watching the posts with regard to timing belts, pulse generators, thermostats, et al on a GL1200. As I plan on replacing the belts on my 1984 Aspencade, what else whould I be doing while she's apart?I'd like to have a list of things to do over the long winter season here.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

There is a maintenance schedule in the repair manual that covers just about everything. The schedule also is based on how many miles are on the bike and of course, the years are obvious. Check back on the board for all of the hints and suggestions that our members have posted.. A lot of good stuff.. If you're not sure, let me know and I'll write the list out for you.. Renegade.:action:

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

I'm no expert, but based on my experience I would suggest you closely check the condition of the timing belt adjuster pulleys for noise or looseness. Also it might be worth considering doing the water pump if it's been in the bike forever.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Heffo wrote:
I'm no expert, but based on my experience I would suggest you closely check the condition of the timing belt adjuster pulleys for noise or looseness. Also it might be worth considering doing the water pump if it's been in the bike forever.
I'd go along with checking or even replacing the pulleys as they could cause a disaster if they fail. I wouldn't be as quick to replace the water pump if it is not leaking. You can do that later on wothout disturbing the timing belts anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.