Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 86 interstate. Trying to fix all the little issues the bike has electrically. Found both little corner bulbs on either side of the headlight are blown. Pulled the head light assembly and removed the bulbs. Can't find a part number on the old bulbs. Looked in the crappy aftermarket manual and they don't list the size for an 86 (but all the other years they do)
Google searching gets me a bunch of different answers. Nothing in the two auto parts stores is the same. My bulbs are small and have to pins on the base. Push in and twist to lock. Anyone run into this? It's annoying as hell. :lash:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
All the 1200 should be the same bulb number.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Had to order the bulbs and I went to the oriellys warehouse store and I'm in a major city. Crazy they must not sell many of them.

Interestingly enough they DID have that "S" fuse that everyone eventually replaces on their wing and everyone says it's only available at the dealer. Typical luck for me.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Tried but couldn't find. Probably in "rear wheel" or something totally unrelated based on my experience with Hondas crappy parts catalog
Yep, the sneaky buggers hid it under "Headlight" which it certainly isn't.:wtf::ROFL:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, the sneaky buggers hid it under "Headlight" which it certainly isn't.:wtf::ROFL:
You're right it's right under "headlight" but what the hell is a Honda part number going to do for me?

I'm sure you'll point out the volt/amp rating but none it the store are 12V4W and I already had that rating right on the bulb so again no help.
Thanks for pointing out you think I'm a dumbass though. Really helpful.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
You're right it's right under "headlight" but what the hell is a Honda part number going to do for me?
Just a shot in the dark but your Honda dealer may have or be able to get them.
Thanks for pointing out you think I'm a dumbass though. Really helpful.
Check the title under my login name.:raspberry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.