Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

amp work???

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Did you check all the fuses in the fairing behind the turn signals? You need to check them with an ohm meter.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Don't know about yours, My 88 has an amp I think some-one installed?
Only a couple times I have not had sound, I jiggle a fuse a little and it works again. I probably need to pull fuse and clean the contacts and check if any wire is loose at the box.
Jiggle the fuse might just be jiggle the wires?

If yours has any kind of amp check for power and fuses.

Also be sure your not set to play on headphones or mute etc.. if you have those features. Don't ask why I think of that, lets just say the first time I had no sound it was not the fuse LOL

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Be sure "mute" on handlebar isnt pushed in. Likely it's not but worth mention...

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

I searched high and low for that "AMP FUSE" and never found it. I tried another amp and still had the problem so it wasn't the amp. What I did try was disconnecting the 5-pin male and female plugs from the Auto Volume Control and plugged them together and then had sound from speakers. The AVC was the culprit. Hope this helps you out. Let us know if this fixed the problem.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Can you get to your amp easy, to the wires?
Have you checked for power at the amp yet?
Should the amp be grounded, if so check for bad ground.

If you can that's the best place to check for power first.
If you have power to amp then it's something else turned off or bad, if no power then a fuse or bad wire, a switch off or such.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

Does'nt the LTD have the trip planerPC on the tank like the SEI's??

Just had to hunt the problem with my stereo not working. If you have the PCon the tank cover check the roundblue plug and the red.

They are on the under side of the cover. The red round plug runs the amp and speakers. When I say red round plug, I mean the round plug that has red tapewraped around it. There are two, one red and one blue.

If your radio comes on but no sound this plug willknock out the speakers.Play with the plugs with the ign. in the acc. postion with the radio on. If they where looseit may come back.

Kurt

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thank everyone for u all help,come to find out avc on my computer was bad,I connect the male and female together under the travel computer, radio working fine. Thank guys

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.