Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be replacing my front and rear tires, and since I do not know when the bearings were replaced, if ever, would you recommend that I have them done since the tires will be off? How much should I expect to pay? Any specific bearing brand better than other?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Your call. I replaced mine when I did that job. I got 'em from Western Honda, paid about $8 a piece. For that price, I figured it was cheap insurance. And on mine, they needed it. When I got mine out they were in SAD shape. All kinda depends on the bike and it's history.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I will be replacing my front and rear tires, and since I do not know when the bearings were replaced, if ever, would you recommend that I have them done since the tires will be off?
It all depends on age/mileage of your Wing. If you can see your way to letting us know which model Wing you have, it will give us an idea how old it is and if it's one of the years prone to wearing out rear wheels (fi 1984/5 GL1200).

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I go along with Denis on this...

It doesn't completely depend on mileage or age it depends on how it has been stored or where it is parked. Out in the open or under a tree, then moisture is going to creep in and eventually lead early failure.

one of my 85's has 240,000k and original bearings, they are both stored in a garage when not being ridden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.