Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I think BUYER BEWARE on this one perhaps.

Based on your posts about the bike I think $4500 is WAY too high a price for a bike that needs so much work.

Your asking pretty much top dollar there for one that is in near perfect shape and runs perfect, but yours has problems, and may be costly problems.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...gl1500-1988-clutch-slips-noise-carbs-etc.html

And changed those old timing belts that you said "looked fine"?

For $3500-$4000 I can get an 88 that is truly ready to ride with no problems!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe, but the demand for wings in MI is very high right now, so we'll see. And who knows, maybe I will fix it tomorrow. Maybe it is smth like one of the screws is loose(for noise) and like a dirty master cylinder for the clutch. I am sure, that my neighbor will at least point out the problem to me tomorrow.
I am just giving it a try.
How do you know for sure, that it needs soooo much work? Have you seen it in person? Have you test rode it? Again, maybe I am describing the noise as bad, but in fact it is an ok noise of a running goldwing.

Here is one old Russian anecdote.
- I bought it, - he says - the elephant. The Elephant is so wonderful, it gives children a ride, gets up on its hind legs on command, in the morning gently puts trunk on your chest - wakes you up, all day I have a good mood. Miracle, not an elephant.

- I would have bought it - the second answer.

- So buy mine.

After a week passed the second says:

- An elephant is just a nightmare. Broke all the furniture, all the big piles of ****, asks to eat all the time, stomping, sleep interferes. Buy elephant back.

- No, my friend, with this advertisement, you will not sell the elephant.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I'm just going by what you have posted is all.
I linked to your post so others can read about it if they want since the CL listing says
"gold wing that is 100% ready for the road! I have even taken it on a 500 miles trip this season, and it performed great"

Not exactly true.

Fixed my first post some, did not seem nice after reading it again and I did not mean to sound rude.

Elephant story was funny

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's ok. I've already got a few people who are kind of interested, so this thread can be deleted or smth. And I don't really want to fool people from the forum. If I find some extra cash in the next week or two, I am going to be the one riding it! Ha-ha!)

P.S. Delete this thread, someone, please)))

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I have to agree with Chromo. The difference between how you describe the Wing here is a lot different than how you posted it on CL. How you posted it here, maybe $1200 to $1500. Price is fine for how you have it worded on CL, but knowing what you posted here, that seems deceptive to someone who doesn't know Goldwings. To someone that knows Goldwings, you just wasted their time........

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, just delete the thread and forget about it.
And actually the only difference between here and craigslist is that the clutch slips at high burden and the carbs might need adjustment or smth. And that's about it. I ride it to school everyday.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today my neighbor checked the bike out and here are some updates. The clutch DOES NOT slip, vacuum lines are FINE, carbs NEED ADJUSTION.
Vibrations and noise were probably my dream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.