Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I think I'll give up on the CB units.

Are there any 2-way radios that connects to the Goldwing socket and operate through my headsets? I must get something to enable me communicate with the other bike that I ride with.
Regards;
Gerry.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Gerry I like Bluetooth headsets, they don't have the range of the 2ways but they interface with all sorts of devices. I run my IPhone which is my GPS, MP3 player, fixed video/stills camera, remote for my Hero 3 helmet camera and you can still make and receive calls.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
J&m electronics, have a cb that intergrates into the 1500 system, and also a universal cb that will fit on most bikes.

I have seen these working on 1500's and 1200's and there has been no problems at all over a 3 year period.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
You might consider a bluetooth headset made by U-Clear. This headset does not use a boom mic, but has the mic built into the speakers. It will in integrate with the goldwing system, but you can always pick up a handheld CB for communication.

You would need the headset and the bluetooth adapter to integrate the handheld CB and to plug into the goldwing stereo. You can head voices clearly but the headset is not stereo quality.

You might also look at IMC Motocom. They have a complete hardwired system that can be plugged into the goldwing for the stereo and also into a handheld CB

Good Luck, let us know what you end up with.

Bob

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is wrong with your CB unit?

Ah my CB unit is not an original one and don't work anyway. I'm not sure if my friends one does either so I was thinking about buying a 2-way radio set that would plug into the Goldwing headsets and then neither of us would worry if our CB's were working or not. We must get something anyway and would like a set that plugs into our Goldwing headsets. These ones in the picture are Midland G5XT and reading about them, they look good. I can't tell though if these will plug into our headsets. Anyone have advice?

Regards;
Gerry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.