Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today is not my day !!! but hey it could worse. I changed out the mufflers and chamber today (mufflers were rotted out) I also changed out the shocks and serviced the air compressor and changed all the filters greased the splines and changed out the brake fluid. I start the bike let it run for a while all is fine I then put the whole bike back together tupperware and all. I then restart the bike to take it for a ride and let it idle for a while I then hear a loud pop and see all the antifreeze on the floor. After looking things over it all has to come back off with the carb's and left intake manifold the 3 way joint that goes to the carb's let loose.So off to the dealer I go and had to order the joint and wait about a week. I'm glad it happened in the garage and not on the road it would have been a tow for sure !!!!! One would think I would be pissed off or mad as hell funny thing is I'm not must be a sign of getting old. :?

Anyone ever hear of this joint breaking....thanks, Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,357 Posts
I have never heard of that particuliar fitting giving way. But as one of the members here has in his signature "the library is full of stuff I don't know". :ROFL:
You are indeed fortunate that it gave out in your shop instead of out in the boonies somewhere and out of cell phone range.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Take a pic of the joint and fitting when you get to it..might help others

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I did get to it yesterday, I thought by giving the diagram would help people.
Here is the pic of the 3 way joint I was gonna get a "T" to replace it with but I decided against it and went with oem.
I just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them or has heard of it, the only thing I really did was swap out the exhaust system.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that makes me feel better not that we wear the same shirt that it does happen. I was thinking what could I have done I just replaced the exhaust how could it happen...time that's how it happens...well makes me feel better.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I did get to it yesterday, I thought by giving the diagram would help people.
Here is the pic of the 3 way joint I was gonna get a "T" to replace it with but I decided against it and went with oem.
I just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them or has heard of it, the only thing I really did was swap out the exhaust system.
What size were the hose fittings on it? I thick I might make a metal one and swap it out the next time I get into mine.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Yes it happened to me last year was doing thermostat and mine was cracked and when I pulled it out looked just like yours. And thought the same thing why not metal but looked at it again and decided just to use oem. Just looked alittle crapped in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.