Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1999 GL1500SE I have the LCD unit in the dash.When I press the compressor increase or decrease button for the rear shock the reading in the LCD is real erratic. For example, I press increase and the reading may jump from 30 to 50. Release the button and then press it again to check the pressure and it may read 40 so I will have to add more air. When I do get it up to desired pressure it will hold that pressure and not leak out. I dont think it is the LCD unit as the radio portion of the display works fine.

I have a friend with a Goldwing and his LCD unit reads increase or decrease in pressure in a steady movement up or down when the button is pressed.

Any idea on what may cause my problem? I would like to fix it this winter along with my other maintenance work .

Thank You
Mike

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Hi Mike. The valve that the switches operates could be bad, they often allow air to leak back and give odd readings.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Might just be dirty switches. Are you holding pressure check button first and while pushing increase / decrease? If so, pull the switch unit out and spray the switches with electrical contact cleaner.

ALL our switches and electric connectors need pm with this yearly.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stu
I dont think it would be the switch. When pressed they will keep the air pump engaged. It is only the dash reading that seems to be a bit erratic. Once I get the shock set to desired pressure it will hold that pressure.
It is really not a big deal. I just thought if it was a simple fix I would do it. I have owned the bike for 6 years and it has always been that way.
Thanks
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.