Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've checked the current threads and I have a different issue. My compressor does not run. When I hold P-Check I read current pressure (46 psi), but I do not get any response when i use increase and decrease buttons. I am holding P-check when I try toincrease and decrease. I can feel and hear the relay, and I have checked fuses. This wing is a motor trike conversion and i am having a little problem trying to chase the wiring. I don't remember if i tried to operate it in Park key position.

Just to note, this board has been the best resource I have come across. I hope I am just overlooking something. And again I am doing some side by side comparisons with my stock GL SE.

Thanks for the help on previous issues!!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome Gusher
Are you trying to air the shocks or the outlet for a tire?
Park is for the outlet only.
If for shocks, try swapping the relay with one of the other relays. A bad relay can still make noise. Could be a dirty contact on the relay, try wiggling it, in and out.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Perhaps try jumping 12v directly to the air compressor's plug, to verify that it works?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I see two units attached to the frame, on on the left of the mud guard, on on the right. Not sure which is the compressor. I can feel the air line going to the right side unit. Is there anything I can look at to determine which plug it may be? And what is the unit on the left side?

The bodywork of the trike does complicate accessing this area. Not to mention trying to follow the electrical schematics with an old glasses prescription. Sometimes I think I need a seeing eye dog that is a qualified mechanic...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Newday 777, thanks for the reply. I have tried to do both, bump the air shocks up or down and try to use the outlet just to see ifthe problemwas isolated to just one of the functions.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Gusher wrote:
I see two units attached to the frame, on on the left of the mud guard, on on the right. Not sure which is the compressor. I can feel the air line going to the right side unit. Is there anything I can look at to determine which plug it may be? And what is the unit on the left side?...
> The compressor is on the left side. On the rear of it is a large black rubber cap... through which run the electrical wires that turn the pump on... If you're going to jump start it, then that would be the place... I think you can just pull that cap backwards, to expose the wires.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Got home from work and wanted to pull out the service manual and verify thatI tried to operate the outlet in Park. I am happy to report that the compressor does run in Park with the outlet button pressed. Just for grins I tried P-Check and increase / decrease while in Park. Again, it works!!! Then tried in ACC, then with engine on, both times the system is working, raising and lowering the pressure in the shocks.

While I am glad it is all working OK right now, this is the first time since the summer that it has. So now I will have to waitto see ifthe Gremlins pop back up...

Thanks Newday777 for making me recheck the Park switch position / outlet function.:claps:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Winger 77, thanks for the link. Good read. Was planning on going through my wiring right after checking keyswitch in Park. If the problem shows up again I will definately use the info. I am thinking I have a possiblebadplug continuity issue but will wait and see.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

It might also be dirty switches at p check, did you clean them w/contact cleaner?

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Does bike have to be in nuetral too? not sure if im correct on that so if im not someone please chime in.....couldnt find it in owners manual...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

This kind of thing makes me a little OCD. Prior to everything starting to work again all I did was pull and check fuses and relay. Than with the seat off I tried to follow the wires and look for loose connectors or worn/broken wiring. So other than fixing a poor connection by wiggling or reconnecting something, I have no idea what may have been the issue.

Not knowing the cause and repair will make me nuts...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.