Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have heard of a breather tube in the air filter, is this the same as what would be a PCV valve in a car.............I have noticed a small spot of oil, 1inch x 1 inch stain on the inside of my air element and a little in the bottom of the air filter housing. Also seem to get a raw gas smell after parking in the garage..............very strong to where I need to leave the door open for a couple hours. Don't get any fuel smell under normal driving, but if I go 2/3 to full throttle for a burst, I do smell fuel for a few seconds when I untwist to normal throttle again.............carbs were completely rebuilt about a year ago (dealership that I do trust) Fuel shutoff was replaced at that time also.no leaks of fuel or vaccum that I can find. Wondering if this might be a timing problem...belts have 32,000. I read in here some place that there was a way to set the timing....is this correct for 98 1500se, or possible vacuum advance, like a car ( does it even have that)....? goes to show how little I know about this dam thing..........but I'm learning.

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
imported post

I had a similar problem with fuel smell when I would come to a stop. Quite strong. While changing my air filter I found that the crank case breather tube was disconnected from the air box. (front right corner underside)Hooked it back up, and problem gone.
Are you sure that the stain is oil, and not gas?

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

A bit of oil getting in there is nothing to worry about, just wipe around the filter box while you are in there.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

A bit of oil getting in there is nothing to worry about, just wipe around the filter box while you are in there.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Whoops sorry about triple post, some kind moderator please delete the dupes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.