Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My air pressure display is showing 1 then 28. I can hear the compressor run when I hit the button to fill the rear shocks but it does not seem to do any thing. Any answers on this. Also on a different problem, my cruise control does not work at all and does not show any power on the instrument panel when engaged. I am thinking some type of fuse but I am not sure. This is on a 1997 Goldwing SE. Thanks.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. Can you feel the bike move up when you adjust the pressure?

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
imported post

The cruise will most likely be the microswitches on the brake or clutch levers, push levers away from you and listen for them to click (will only be a fraction of movement).

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Have you tried to decrease the pressure? Give that a try first and see if you can hear pressure venting (a nice calming hiss). Personally, I'd go all the way and let all pressure out, then slowly re-fill to watch the behaviors. (128 is seriously overpressure for every shock I've ever worked on in a GL) :YIKES:

If you're not able to build pressure you may wanna pull the seat and saddlebags and start working through the hoses and conenctions to see if you're producing air and if the air is being held. If it's been a while, it'd be a good time to kinda "walk" through the hoses and compressor as you clean the intake filter and re-dry (or replace) the dessicant beads. Stopping along the process to see if you're venting pressure.

-- for your Cruise Control --
* Do BOTH the "CRUISE ON" and "CRUISE SET" lamps light when the bike if first powered ON? (they should) If you can start your bike and these bulbs do not "bulb-check" then suspect the bulbs or the bulb connections in the dash.

* If both bulbs "bulb-check" ok, and the "CRUISE ON" lamp will not light with the bike on and the cruise on switch (right grip) pressed in, then this is usually a dirty cruise on switch. The switch is a push-on-push-off detent style switch (similar to the hazard switch). To clean it you'll wanna open the throttle grip's control combination switch - the actual 'switch' is easier to clean with good access (spraying cleaner from the button area isn't very effective for this switch)... IIRC, there's a GOOD link here on the forum to "Cleaning the Kill Switch", which will com in handy for disassembly of the throttle-side's switch cluster...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.