Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

ok, so I pull the Voyager kit off of the 94 gl1500 and drive it to work today. I notice how harsh the rear seems and check the air pressure- dash says 4 psi so I bump it up to about 36--better..for about 5 seconds, check again, says 4 psi, pump it up- leaks down....my question is this- is there a "known" bug I should check 1st or just start with a soapy water bath to isolate where it is leaking? IF it turns out to be the shock, is there rebuild kits available? My hope is that as quick as it is leaking, I have an issue with a fitting/connection somewhere. Since I have to pull the bags to do my rear brakes and pull the mounts for the Voyager, I may as well address this at the same time.

·
Pwhoever
3,333 Posts
imported post

I recently blew the seal on my air shock. If you are going to take off the saddlebags anyway, it will make it easier to detect the problem. Take a look at the air shock and pull the boot down. Try using the onboard compressor to air it up. If it is a seal, you will hear the air escaping and may see a bit of oil residue. If it is the air shock, you can call around to several trike shops and you may be able to find a good used one from a trike takeoff for a reasonable price. I was able to find a newer used one that came from a 2000 SE from a trike shop in central Illinois for $20. I am told that rebuilding would have been considerably more. It looked brand new. I only had to change out the suspension fluid as some had leaked out and I didn't know how much was left in it.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

The valve behind the switch can stick and leak the air out too. Might be worth looking in there too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.