Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I had this Clacking Noise in my 1500 for 6 months and I thought it was in Alternator area (dampers or Bearings),put in New Com-pu-fire and the noise was still there,after reading a post on another board it could be theClutch basket.I was told that if i go out and run bike thenpull in clutch keeping Rpm 's up Walla!!no more NOISE lol!I have put about 2000+ miles on it Since it started making noise and worry all the time the motor is going to freeze up. Now will i have to really WORRY about it if it is the "clutch basket"anymore OR Just Ride it and turn up radio volume LOL! Thanks Dennis!!

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

If it is the clutch basket making some noise, I would not be worried about it. It will not hurt anything.......!

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Last time you drained the oil did you find any thing in it, say a silver or gold colour tint in it. You could also cut open the oil filter at your next oil change and see if there is anything caught up in there!

Years ago I was servicing a CX500 and when I drained the oil it had a very definite silver colour to the oil. It turned out to be the cam chain. It had chewed through some of the castings and produced this very fine liquid tinsel. I just washed out the engine with a couple of extra liters of oil and it was fine never gave any problems.

These Honda's can be incredibly long lived.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I don't think the clutch itself would make any noise but the clutch throwout bearing can. Not common though. If it is the throwout bearing the noise would tend to go away when you hold the clutch lever in. Some slight noise like a light rattle from the throwout bearing with the clutch lever out isn't uncommon.

If you were to find some coppery metal traces in the oil as Wingle mentioned it would most likely be from the shift forks in the transmission since the 1500 doesn't have either timing or primary chains.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.