Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a used Compufire alternator that needed a rear bearing. No problem I found a guy local near Nashville, Tn that had a few extra bearings. I replaced it and installed the Alternator and wow it is charging at 14.78 even with everything loaded and the driving lights as well. No growling noise from the bearings. I was all done and happy ... Now the alternator stopped charging. 2 weeks after I put it all together. I tore it down and looks like the brushes maybe worn down. So my question is this...

Does anyone know of the part number or a cross reference number to NAPA.

Oh and also maybe the voltage regulator as I have access to it too and I can replace it while I am there.

Thank you

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
imported post

Somebody posted the car alternator that the Compufire is made from, a few weeks ago. If you can find that thread, it will give you something to go on.

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
imported post

Found it. From Bob Kekeis page:

Compufire Alternator Delco CS-121
It is a CS121, and all internal parts are identical to a CS130. A rebuild kit for a CS130 will suffice, but you need to order a new seal from Compufire, as that is different due to their redesigned endframe to connect it to a Wing.
The front seal is a Chicago Rawhide, part number 9878.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you very much I will check that out

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The CS144 and the CS130 are those the part numbers for the automotive alternators?

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I just did some research and familiar with what needs to be done now. I found alot of info when I googled the CS121, 130, and the 144 I am going to see a friend that has alot of alternators and see if I was to change out the frt half of the alt body with the compufire alt and see where that takes me.

Thanks guys

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Ghost_Rider wrote:
The CS144 and the CS130 are those the part numbers for the automotive alternators?
Yes the same brushes fit the CS121, which is the alternator that Compufire adaptedto fitthe Goldwing. The completeCS130 repair kit (including brushes) fits the CS121, but only the brushes from the CS144 will fit the CS121.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.