Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plug that connects to the voltage regulator on my 1999 SE needs replacement. It is corroded on the inside, which I suspect is the cause of the electrical failures. This is the white plug with two metal pieces in a T arrangement, and a black/light green wire leading to the rest of the harness. It is also connected to the capacitor by a green wire.

I have exhausted my Google skills trying to properly identify this plug so I can buy a new one. What is it called, and any suggestions for a vendor?

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
What!? You mean the almighty 1500 is surcummining to the age old 1100 problem? Gosh darn it!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
You might try looking a a site called Vintage Connections, they carry connector kits for most of the Honda motorcycles going back to the 60's. Heres a link: http://vintageconnections.com/

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I think this is the one you need.
[/IMG]

This is a description of it.
2-pin 6.3mm (1/4") spade-based non-latching M/F Connector Shell Pair, with 3 each 18-16 AWG, M63/F63 crimp terminals. T-Configuration. White Nylon.

Just go to Vintage connections, click on "place an order" on the left side of the screen and scroll down until you find this connector.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
Pretty common plug -- dealer should be abel to get you the harness (from the one-wire bike connector to the back of the alternator and will include the noise filter -- should be about $30 (OEM p/n 31108-MN5-005)

It was pretty common on Japaneese spec (Nippon-Denso, Hitachi, and Mitsubishi) alternators, and can be found in the late 70 early 80s internally regulated alternators installed on Datsun, Nissan, Mazda (many others) as well as a lot of Kubota tractors. (i.e. Hitachi's LR135 alternator from a 1980 Datsun 720 pickup with the 2.0L engine)... Someone ought'a have a replacement in an autoparts store. (Brain-flash - tangental thought information below photo)

Just to ensure that we're talking the same thing here, it's the white plug at about the 8 o'clock position on the alternator photo here, right ??

(Off-topic tangental thought, proceed at your own peril)
You know, I've never tired this... BUT... The unused pin in this connections should be for a charging dash lamp -- it'd be handy if that functioned now wouldn't it , and a handy bit to put into the empty bulb pocket up on the dash's indicator row up ...
;)
(end of thought - resume normal aggrevated reading)​

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to ensure that we're talking the same thing here, it's the white plug at about the 8 o'clock position on the alternator photo here, right ??

)​
That is it. Thanks, everyone, for the responses. I'll get a replacement and get my baby back on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.