Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just last week I came home to find a brand new Windshield on my front porch, Apparently It came from my neighbors Boyfriend, He used to own a Gl1200.

My question is will a Gl1200 Windshield fit my 88 GL1500?

I did look at the how to remove your windshield thread, And I can tell you the new screen has slots that are curved almost hook shaped, from the looks of the slots on this new shield, it looks as though I cannot raise or lower this new windshield from his old Gl1200,

Id hate to start to remove my old windscreen if the New one I have been given will not fit. any help greatly appreciated! If needed I can post a pic the new screen is still all covered in its shipping protective cover

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Hi Folks,

Just last week I came home to find a brand new Windshield on my front porch, Apparently It came from my neighbors Boyfriend, He used to own a Gl1200.

My question is will a Gl1200 Windshield fit my 88 GL1500?

I did look at the how to remove your windshield thread, And I can tell you the new screen has slots that are curved almost hook shaped, from the looks of the slots on this new shield, it looks as though I cannot raise or lower this new windshield from his old Gl1200,

Id hate to start to remove my old windscreen if the New one I have been given will not fit. any help greatly appreciated! If needed I can post a pic the new screen is still all covered in its shipping protective cover
I don't believe that the 1200 W/S would fit the 1500...They look totally different to me! Different slots for adjustment on the 1500

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe that the 1200 W/S would fit the 1500...They look totally different to me!
TY Wing Pilot !

Now I have a brand new windshield that I cant use oh brother!
Too bad I cant trade it in for the right one lol!:claps::wtf:

Ps if anyone is looking for a new Gl1200 screen let me know!:bow:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dennis

That's too bad you didn't get the correct one! Put an ad in the F/S section, someone will want it.

I have a brand new non vented Honda windshield that is for the 1500, it came with the 99 Aspencade I just bought to restore that will fit your 88 too. I will have to make another box as I left the box with the po as it would have blocked my view in the truck.
$140 plus shipping if you want it.
BTW I grew up in Amherst and Milford, will be back there for a visit this year, gotta see my Mom in Somersworth.

#14 64130-MAM-000 WINDSCREEN 1 213.54
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...ke=hondamc&a=339&b=69&c=0&d=-WIND-SCREEN-ASSY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.