Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I have a coolant leak too and I can't for the life of me find it. I have almost all of the front plastic off except for the upper fairing itself. The only time I noticed it is after it sat for weeks without running in the fall. Then it steamed up while it was warming up and I could smell it. But when I was riding it every day, no sign of it at all. So it must be a very very small leak.

I did find that my hose from the overflow tank to the radiator cap area was cracked about 3/4 of the way around where it plugs in to the overflow tank (the rubber piece that the elbow plugs into), but I can find no sign of any coolant trails running down from there...or anywhere. I ordered a complete replacement elbow and hose that showed up today. No idea if it will fix my problem or not. After it sat all winter, there was actually enough coolant that some leaked onto the ground the first time I took it down off the center stand. It must have pooled on the bottom somewhere. But not more than about a tablespoon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.