Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I could use some help here. My 1500 came with passenger arm rests, but were not mounted. The mounts are on, and the rests are off. If I put the rests on, they will just swing in and out. Am I missing a part? Is that how they were designed? Would someone who has rests mounted take a pic so I can see what the missing part(s) look like? Maybe I can fabricate a replacement.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

from the ones i have seen. thats about it , just in & out.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

Mine havea nylon washer under and on top of the pivot arm. When you tighten the mounting bolt. the nylon washers hold the armrest tight but still allow it to swing in and out. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

Sticks wrote:
Mine have a nylon washer under and on top of the pivot arm. When you tighten the mounting bolt. the nylon washers hold the armrest tight but still allow it to swing in and out. hope this helps.
That's how they work.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
imported post

Our 1500 had the ones that swing in and out, and that's about all they do. Can be adjusted if too loose. They worked fine and my wife misses armrests on this new Wing.

I'm now looking at the Rivco armrests which rotate up and down. Much more expensive, but they look nice and seems that they will attach very securely behind the passenger backrest even though there was never a security issue with the ones on the 1500.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
imported post

Believe I saw nylon washers at Cyclemax of Ohio.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

You can find any type of washer you need at any big hardware store. A combination of different thicknesses and a locknut torqued properly will stiffen the action to hold the arm in any position. $ 5.00 should cover it .

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
imported post

I just went out to the garage and snapped a photo of mine... My ride is a 93 Aspy with 70K on the clock... If memory serves me correctly, (I put the armrests on a loooooong time ago!!!) these are Marklands and they have aftermarket extensions to move the armrests forward so the trunk can be opened all the way...

Sorry for the bad picture but it was already dark in the garage and I had to use the flash on the camera... You can see the nylon washers top and botton which permits the armrest to to pivot outward... Again, if my memory serves me correctly, the bolt is a carriage bolt and the nut on the bottom is of the locking variety...

Les

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

My nylon washers only last about a year, dry out, split & are gone, I've installed a couple of 4"coil springs on the inside of the arms that keep them in place.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
imported post

Those nylon washers you see in my photo are the originals that came with with the armrests back in 94 or 95...

Les

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I thought about using springs, and may still do so. I'll go with washers first to see if the misses likes the arm rests.
Thanks again for the help, I knew I could count on the members here.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

You can find the washers at an ace or Lowes in the small box assorments but the key is To loose swing in and out freely just tighten up to make stiffer they can still be moved with more effort but wont flop around.The nylock nut are just right and can be purchased in crome or stainless if you like.also at lowes or ACE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.