Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok here you go while leading a ride the other day the riders behind me complained that they couldn't see my running lights. Taking a look at them I realized they were right, very dim. So I purchased new bulbs that are 20% brighter helped a little but not much. Next I took the rear lower cases apart and found something interesting. Mother Honda saves money the only reflecting surface inside the lights is on the back. So I went to my local Mejers store and bought chrome tape cut it to fit in the bottom and top of the inclosures. Now my inclosures litterally glow and can be seen from much farther away. So just because I really like lights I also added a small strip of LED's to the inside of the inclosures. The results are you can see me from a really long way away which since I don't trust the cagers to be looking without some kind of visual reminder helps.

Oh also I have the lights in the rear center unit andI also took it apart, WOW. The whole inside is aluminum looking but not Mirror finish. Out came the Chrome Tape now 4 to 5 times as much light and the Brake lights are simply dazziling. Tools required flat blade to help pry open the covers, sharp knife to cut the glue, Sissors to cut the chrome tape, Hot glue gun to reseal the covers. Took a couple of hours to do but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Not that I have noticed so far but I will keep looking and Checking and will post if I see a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.