Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI all. Just bought a 2000 low mileage 1500 and thought there was an auxiliary lead for the radio somewhere to plug in another device. It's an American spec bike. Can't find the lead

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

There is no provision for an Auxillary Device.

You can however have the radio Modified to add it, for about $117... Contact Sierra Electronics

Sierra Electronics
Attn: Service Dept.
2080 Experiment Farm Rd
Troy, OH 45373
"Sales" <[email protected]>
1-800-338-6938 Toll Free orders
1-937-335-8939 Technical Assistance
1-937-339-6671Fax

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

The Interstate model did not have a tape player but it did have an aux input.But I don't know where the lead is.

The Aspencade and SE models had a tape player, and did not have an aux input.

So you should have one, but I don't know where it is.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I think it's under the left fairing pocket. It is a male as I recall.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

Since it's a 2000, it will not have that. Like was mentioned, it was only available from the factory on the Interstate model which was discontinued after 1996?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Sorry... I was looking at the profile which was an Interstate.
He should have to go looking.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

Ooops, I admit I didn't look at the profile. So either the profile is wrong or the thread info is wrong and it's not a 2000...... My bad.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Different bike. Sold the interstate. New one is se with tape player so thanks. I don't have one

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

SE and Aspencade didn't have that lead. Update your profile so we know in future that you ride an SE.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

There is a thread on adding one. I did it to mine and it works great.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

There is a thread on adding one. I did it to mine and it works great.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

I fixed my radio problem by yanking it out to be replaced with my new Pioneer AVH-P5200BT Bluetooth DVD player with a 7" motorized screen, touchscreen navigation, ipod control, XM or Sirius Satellite radio...I can play music and movies from virtually any CD, DVD, Flash Drive via front USB or SD Card.Oh and I can automatically answer or ignore my mobile phone calls through my bluetooth headset and my Pioneer is also a touchscreen phone dialer and stores up to 1000 contacts which can automatically downloaded via my BT enabled phone. (I have aMotorola Droid X)

And what I like about my CardoBT wireless headset is that all I ormy passenger has to do to start communicating is to start talking to each other. How easy is that? I paid only $300 for my like new Pioneer AVH head unit ($769 Retail) and $30 for my like new Cardo Team Headsets ($169 Retail).

I'm just amazed more people haven't thrown their $h!tty GL1500 radio in the lake and upgraded their audio and headset systems! At first, I too thought the same, wanting to maintain functionality of my factory headset and handlebar mounted intercom switch but bluetooth resolves this problem and does it well. And I'm no longer attached by some cord coming out of my head. And best of all, my audio/video system blows away anything Honda will ever install at the factory.

And forget worrying about whether or not its waterproof. It's not! But if you use your head and be consciencious,you can protect any non-waterproof electronics. I have for years!

Its amazing moreGoldwing ownershaven't taken advantage of this new technology. It's time to "CUT THE CORD" people. The technology is here now. Use it...Or not! Just my 2 cents :)

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

kemoloney wrote:
I fixed my radio problem by yanking it out to be replaced with my new Pioneer AVH-P5200BT Bluetooth DVD player with a 7" motorized screen, touchscreen navigation, ipod control, XM or Sirius Satellite radio...
So how did you mount it in the radio space? How does it fill the space? What did you use for trim to cover the gaps? How does it look? Do you have pictures?

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

The reason most Gold Wing riders stay with the OEM radio is the CB radio is tied to the Panasonic audio unit and will not function with any other option. To some the CB is more important than the music. Also most people that do a lot of 2 up touring prefer not to have to worry about dead batteries for their intercom and communication needs.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I may not be "most" but Wayne said my thoughts well.. plus fully waterproof and CB is important to me.. and the wired intercom, albeit "oldschool" still works better than any of my bluetooth stuff... The only reason I can see to change it out is if it quits working and can't be economically repaired.... because an OEM new replacement unit is big-time expensive... >$1000...

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I don't have that kind of disposable income anymore! Besides, I like things stock! So I hacked off the rear end!!!LOL (triked) jimsjinx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.