·
Registered
42 Posts
sign me up..

PM sent

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
WOW what a nice piece of work . It arrived yesterday . Thanks Cliff . I only need a day to do some maint now .

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you purchased a pivot from me and need a seal, then pm me and I will send one for however many pivots you ordered. If Cyclemax provided the pivot then contact Gary to inquire about purchasing one. Please provide address with PM.

Thanks cliff,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Shifter Pivot feedback

I installed mine last night and the quality and fit were very good.

I have floorboards so the added step for me was to shorten the floorboard spacer by the exact width of the shifter pivot. The original floorboard bolt now secures my floorboard through the shortened spacer plus the shifter pivot. (The toe heal shifter is not for me. Stock pegs were already on my to do list.)

I left early this morning and got a 300 mile test ride in. It rained hard at times and I thought of recent threads telling of garage bound Wings in cold country and decided rain and mid 60's F was nothing to complain about.

Before installation I would get a light gear clash on too many shifts. Mostly going from 2ed to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. Occasionally I would somehow miss a gear. Now shifts are more feel firm/deliberate and the light clash is gone.

I'm well satisfied with the Aux Shifter Pivot.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey, Peppi,
Ordered mine through Cyclemax. They emailed me about the backorder. Is the new batch you are making going to have the pinch bolt reversed like you were talking about, for easier installation ? Also. when do you think Cyclemax will have them ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey, Peppi,
Ordered mine through Cyclemax. They emailed me about the backorder. Is the new batch you are making going to have the pinch bolt reversed like you were talking about, for easier installation ? Also. when do you think Cyclemax will have them ?
Yes the bolt is supposed to be reversed. It may be a couple of weeks before I am able to fill his back order. There are 278 sets on the machinist's bench in various stages of production. I have another machinist coming online soon. Gary will get his back order filled. He will be once again carrying pivots when my stuff is in order. I am in the process of setting up my own website with purchasing options. I am also writing a tech review for Wing world magazine that they promised to publish. I just never thought this would take off like it has. I am shipping them all over the world.

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Great to see a good product get recognized.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Cyclemax will soon be filling your back orders. I am shipping pivots to him. Give him some time.

Congrats to the winners of pivots. I sent them out today. Enjoy!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Thanks Cliff for putting the pivots in the Christmas give away! Even though I didn't win one. A good man from my home state.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks Cliff for putting the pivots in the Christmas give away! Even though I didn't win one. A good man from my home state.
Thanks Stu, we all need to help each other through the rat race. I see society as a dynamic rat race. When us little folks get the solution down pat, the boys above change it. :) People are not rats, you get it.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Yes, 978-531-8588. You realize that is a 2+ hour ride? Do you want me to just send one? Either way is fine.
Plastow is 29 miles from Northwood. I'll bet that's where he thinks you are!
But if you're not in Plastow, time to update your location.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Plastow is 29 miles from Northwood. I'll bet that's where he thinks you are!
But if you're not in Plastow, time to update your location.
2+ hour round trip. I ride in Northwood all the time. Great area! Some people just need an excuse to get out of the house. I used to be one of them. Unless riding, I would rather just relax. getting old I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its about 70 miles from Northfield NH to Plaistow NH 1 hr 30 min. + each way. I will call you Thursday night . Thanks Jack

21 - 40 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.