Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Cliff,

I installed mine yesterday. The installation was very easy. My shifts seem more crisp with the pivot installed. I had a hard time envisioning how this would work until I installed it. You have a very smart design.

Just curious, how did you come up with this?

Ed

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Cliff,

I installed mine yesterday. The installation was very easy. My shifts seem more crisp with the pivot installed. I had a hard time envisioning how this would work until I installed it. You have a very smart design.

Just curious, how did you come up with this?

Ed
I purchased a shaft on ebay and stuck it on a magnet on my bench and stared at it from time to time while building transmissions over the winter. I knew what I wanted to do, I just wasn't sure how to fix the pivot block to the chassis or engine. It actually took just one day to come up with it. One more day to fine tune. Wing World said they would do a tech article on this. I explain everything there. This is the easiest mod I could come up with. I always try to improve whatever I am attempting to repair. I have a mind for this stuff. Not smart enough to make the bike, but smart enough to make it better. It really wasn't all that hard. Honda could have done the mod from their factory. They probably would have purchased it from me if the bike was still in production. The hard part was getting the machinist to make it the way I wanted. It took 6 times before something was acceptable. I was ready to strangle him. I have found a better machinist and fired the first one. It has been changed again, for the last time that is.

I thank you for the compliment, It is greatly appreciated.

Cliff,

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I would consider selling bulk to those in other countries. I know shipping and duties are prohibitive. Anyone interested in being the conduit for such a purchase can PM me. I will work with you to make these more attractive to the end users.

Cliff,

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I would consider selling bulk to those in other countries. I know shipping and duties are prohibitive. Anyone interested in being the conduit for such a purchase can PM me. I will work with you to make these more attractive to the end users.

Cliff,
Better to license the product of manufacture there and make a cut on every sale... you'll need a good lawyer versed in international business law.

·
Unofficial Youtube Addict
2,603 Posts
Wanting to buy one of these lovelies early spring. Your video was very nice. I checked my shifter for excess play and its still very tight. If I put on one of your pivots maybe I can avoid bad news down the road.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wanting to buy one of these lovelies early spring. Your video was very nice. I checked my shifter for excess play and its still very tight. If I put on one of your pivots maybe I can avoid bad news down the road.
I have hundreds. Let me know when your ready.

Thanks cliff,

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I have floorboards and a heel/toe shift setup. Will your pivot work with it?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Is it only for 1500's ?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I bought Peppi-Le-Pews 2000 Goldwing and it has one on it and it makes a big difference in the way the 1500 shifts. I have a 1988 1500 also and when I can I will be putting one on it also.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
I bought Peppi-Le-Pews 2000 Goldwing and it has one on it and it makes a big difference in the way the 1500 shifts. I have a 1988 1500 also and when I can I will be putting one on it also.
Told you. LOL Terry, I hope you and your wife enjoy that bike as I did. My wife preferred the 1500 over our 1800. Plenty of space for shopping sprees. Much more comfortable for the driver. I don't think the passenger notices much of a difference in comfort. then again, I wouldn't and never will know. She ain't ever driving so ignorance is bliss!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Peppi
I just received your Shifter Pivot in the mail (bought off Ebay) and am looking forward to installing it this weekend as long as the boss lets me play in the garage for a while. I will be sure to post my thoughts. I also wanted to thank you for your efforts and for shipping it so quickly!
As a former machinist myself, I can certainly appreciate this device!

41 - 60 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.