Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

my 1996 Goldwing SE has a white background for the tach and speedometer, I was speaking with some of the guys at the GWRRA breakfast and they thought that the insturment panel had been changed. What is your opinion?

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,863 Posts
imported post

The white face instruments were only on the '97 and '98, or the '98 and the '99.

I don't remember which.

I detest the white instruments, can't see them in the twilight/moonlight/streetlights.

I have bought a black face tach for my '98, looking for a black face speedo so I can strip the face plate out and put it on my speedo.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Im pretty sure the white guages were in 98,99 and possibly 2000...you can change out the bulbs and put in blue led bulbs behind there, makes em lot easier to see anytime day or night..

·
751 Posts
imported post

I have 96 gl1500se & Mine are Black & The white faced gadges are A replacement as the stock replacement are like $ 300.00 as the white faced ones are like $ 78.00 as a mater of fact I need to replace my speedo as mine dances at between 5-12 mph anyway I would swop you but My speedo Dances so I dont think you would want mine anyway If you want to get rid of your speedo let me know I wouuld be interested pm me back ! Craig

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

96 & 97 were black, 98 & 99 were white, 2000 went back to black.

Mine are black, but I think I'd like the white better. But doesn't appear to be real popular.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

My '99 has white gauges. They changed back over to black for 2000.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

98 & 99 white gauges and hard to see at night, better with LED bulbs to light them.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

hummer5205 Before you change your speedo you should check the speedo cable. Only about $20.00 bucks or so for the cable and housing the last time I bought one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.