Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
I sure love my Utopia. It folds down easy if you want to.

Mine was already mounted when I bought the bike. But, it mounts up pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Guys,

Is the Utopia Backrest the way to go for the GL1500?

Craig
I first bought a Markland. But I could never get comfortable using it with the wrap around bars that support the backrest. I spent some extra bucks & bought the Utopia & it was money well spent. YMMV

Reactions: trj827

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Yes. They are great folks to do business with as well. You can get the bolted in backrest or the pull out version that I put on my '93.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I went with a Show Chrome, and really like it, problem was when I had my passenger (Im back to Solo) even tho she was a little bitty thing, backrest had to be removed...As mentioned the Utopia would have been the way to go..if I keep the Wing (considering a F6B) most likely will go with a Ultimate seat package....good luck on your choice...

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
If the stock seat is comfortable .... Utopia is the only way to go.

I had a Hartco saddle with backrest on our 1500 Trike when we bought it and over the years I grew to hate that seat.

Plumb HATED IT I tell you!

I wanted a Corbin and was nearly ready to order one earlier this year ....
.... then found I had a new stock seat under a Hartco cover that original owner had given me. Took a closer look under that seat's cover that was worn, and found the stock seat that was covered when it was three months old in 1997 .... looking like new. (The bike / now trike, was purchased October 1996 new, they ordered a Hartco cover in Dec and installed in January 1997, and then put a whole Hartco seat on in 1998 and since then stock seat lay covered on a shelf).

We tried it out, liked it much better than that Hartco .... and well enough that I didn't order that Corbin (I have a Corbin on my 1200, most comfortable seat I have ever sat on is Corbin).

So .... missing the back rest like I was .... I ordered a Utopia back rest .... fast shipping .... easy install .... and it matches so well! :)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.