Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this winter killed it. It was on a tender, but we had quite a few days in the 10 below range. My garage just doesnt seem to insulate that well, so its never really warm in the winter.
Does anyone have any recomendations that wont break the bank?
Thanks
Oh...its for a 98 SE.
Thanks again

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
My recommendation is to avoid buying a new battery until you are going to start riding again and then get an Yuasa AGM Type III from Cyclemax.
Also I, personally can't recommend using battery tenders when the temps get down real low. If you insist on using one, get the best one you can find.
I much prefer a 2 amp charger for 24 hours every 2-3 weeks.
In the sub 0 temps, you really should remove the batt. and take it indoors. That's what I did when I lived in Spokane and I rarely had a problem unless the battery was due to die of old age anyway.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, Im waiting to buy, crossing my fingers and trying to be optimistic (and frugal) here. I thought about pulling the battery, but it had the tender wired in already. The guy I bought it from said he just used the tender and that always worked fine, so I thought Id try that. I'll pull it out for next year.
Thx

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
I have always had good results using a Battery Tender. I get good battery life and quick starts. Of course we don't ever get within about 35° of the temperature you are getting. I agree with Rudy, I would remove the battery when storing the bike in that kind of weather.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
From the web site
"All returns or exchanges are handled with our '60-Day No Questions Asked Money-Back Guarantee'
18-Month Warranty On All Parts"
Ok slap me with a wet noodle, I gotz that all wrong. But I don't know of any company that will warranty a m/c battery for 18 months any where near this price....-Rich

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
On All Parts is the question??????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.