Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, GL1500 owner here, 1993, with about 44000 miles. I have been freshening up the bike, and now just purchased a Kenna from DMC sidecars so my best bud (the wife) can come with me (she hates looking at the back of my head all the time). Im looking for things that should be done before the car goes on (it will be built in about 4-5 weeks).

Here is what I have done:

timing belts
air filter, and the 2 smaller air filters
new front tire
new rear tire will be put on when the car is, and the splines moly'd then
steering stem bearings
new brake pads (front)
final drive flush and change
coolant flush
new battery
heated grips
air wings
wired in battery tender
12v outlet

Still need:

new pads (rear)
Ram mount for GPS
throttle lock (have, just need to put on)

What else should I do? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Just install sidecar and have fun.
Why do you need throttle lock? You shoud have cruise control.
Why do you need Ram mount for GPS? Your best bud (the wife) will tell you where do you have to go anyway.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
...Why do you need throttle lock? You shoud have cruise control...
> Throttle lock is much easier and useful than the stock cruise control... for example, you can use it to hold the throttle open while the engine is warming up, and you're off the bike even.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
> Throttle lock is much easier and useful than the stock cruise control... for example, you can use it to hold the throttle open while the engine is warming up, and you're off the bike even.

yep, you got it....and my cruise doesn't work - but i prefer locks anyway :)

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Any pics of this throttle lock you speak of and where one can be purchased?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Any pics of this throttle lock you speak of and where one can be purchased?...
It's a "Vista Cruise", and they come in different sizes depending on the diameter of the handle bar. You will likely have to Move your existing grip outwards by ~1/8" to accomodate the width of the new vista cruise, but otherwise they are easy to install.

(Shown on MP3-500, but same appearence for GL1500)

Random source: http://www.everythingwing.com/products/VISTA-CRUISE-THROTTLE-LOCK-FOR-DUAL-CABLE-MOTOCYCLES.html##

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Back to the original question as far as what else should be done before the side car is hooked up, sounds too simple but change the oil. Once the side car is hooked up and set up correctly, you will have to become a contortionist to get to the oil fill.,,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Speaking of moving the throttle grip out ~ 1/8th an inch to fit the vista cruise, i have an issue. I have the show chrome heated grips. It is not possible to move the grip out, because the grips are molded to a throttle tube you need to use to install them.

Suggestions? File down the grips edge a bit? File down the vista cruise?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Speaking of moving the throttle grip out ~ 1/8th an inch to fit the vista cruise, i have an issue. I have the show chrome heated grips. It is not possible to move the grip out, because the grips are molded to a throttle tube you need to use to install them.

Suggestions? File down the grips edge a bit? File down the vista cruise?
Can't install the Vista Cruise then, unless you somehow could remove/install the grips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.