Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

bike died on me and my girl, we got her car and charged the batt up with jumper lines. charged batt and got the bike home. bought new alt. and replaced it. started up bike and it ran good for about a month, when i rode it.

Ok, labor day i decided to ride the bike up to the cottage right after work. got 25 miles from cottage and it died. batt went dead once again. i had to charge the batt up for several min. and rode it up. parked bike and i am very mad. but oh well it's part of life.

need to bring bike back home and fix then problem.

New alt., new batt. what the heck do i have a stator? what else would cause it.

thank you for your responses.:waiting:

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

You didn't say if you checked what voltage the alternator was putting out. What readings did you get?

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

New alt. and bat. good for one month .?
New parts do go bad , as SabreJoe said... check alt. output and also dog bone and battery.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

dog bone what is that
i also looked at the light when the alt. was put in and when i reved it up light brightend up. but no i did not look at the voltage meter. i know i need one. but what else would cause that do i have a stator on the bike that would mess things up.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

The "Dog Bone " he refers to is the main fuse . ITs located beside the battery under a plastic cover . Sometimes this fuse will crack and cause the bike to die . If you look inside the plastic cover on the fuse there may be a spare fuse stored in the cover , if it hasnt been used already . I didnt see if you mentioned how old the battery is , it may be time for a new one .

Also have you many accessory lights ? normally the 1500 alternator can handle extra loads .

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
imported post

I bought a voltage indicator and mounted it on the bike. Great peace of mind knowing Im charging. Kuryakn? From chrome world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.