Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone used a power bleeder from the bottom up. I worked about all day bleeding the master didin't get any fluid at all through the end. took out the bleeder cleaned the holes put it back in. Guess tonight I'll sart at the master and work my way down.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Often the Master will "lock" with air in the pump. Most often this can be bled-out at the banjo bolt on the Master Cylinder (loosen the banjo fitting, allow a little fluid to "drip" before slowly squeezing to prime the pump.) -- Use catch-cloths everywere and a fair amoun of caution as the hydraulic fluid is nothing you want dripping onto your bike or wicking into the electrical harnesses.

Working "up" from the clutch slave is possible using the bleed-off vent in the MasterCylinder as the "exit" for your pressure. Clutch master cylinder's push-rod (cluth lever)lever fully "out" to allow pressure bleed. The bleed hold does have a small pressure cover to help avoid splashing and the resultant air entrainment, but you'll wanna be carefule that you don't over-pressure the reverse path and end up with a geyser of fluid.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the info. i watched the video still did not have a ny luck. I found it easir doing it my self to push from the bottom up. Still used the same metohd pused throught slave put line on pushed to bango at master then through the master. Just make sure master has a little fluid you don't won't to make a big mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.