Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

GL1500 Brake Lines Worst job in the World?, just changing to Goodridge hoses how do you get the brake union undone under the fuel Tank? Just spent about 2 hrs and cant get the ***** union undone. Does any one know what the electrical gadgets are that are in the way look like heat sinks?

Regards Spav

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

BTW Spav, if you think you have it hard now, just wait until you try bleeding the brakes afterwards...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Piece of cake, try replacing the turn signal switch.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

SPAV wrote:
GL1500 Brake Lines Worst job in the World?, just changing to Goodridge hoses how do you get the brake union undone under the fuel Tank? Just spent about 2 hrs and cant get the ***** union undone. Does any one know what the electrical gadgets are that are in the way look like heat sinks?

Regards Spav
When you find out come over the other side of the Pennines and do mine for me I'm changing mine in the next few weeks along with the front fork seals. I wish I hadn't looked at this post? :doh::doh::doh:

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Will let you know how i get on, finally managed to undo union with a mixture of universal joints and crows feet sockets, the union for the front brake line was nearly as bad under the frame rail on the right hand side and I am fitting four pot brembos to haul the side car up. So I will have real fun bleeding them and i am still not sure if the master cylinders will cope with the brembo's

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I think the worst part is trying to hold the flexible hose union it seams that they are not bolted through the brackets just held in with spring clips so you have to get on both sides 10mm for the rigid pipeline and 17mm for the flexible hose side. Had to take most of the electrical bits out from under the tank to get access and the front line, i had to remove the inner faring and move some bits out of the way but hopefully will now be ready to finish the job off this weekend. lucky that i work in the aerospace industry cus i borrowed a load of tools from work. having a sidecar on hasn't helped either.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Working of a Goldwing is a real bitch. When she acts up, she will always make your life difficult.

There is nothing easy on a Goldwing, nothing! Honda purposely wanted to make life miserable for anyone whoattempts working on a goldwing.

But, treat the old gal good. She is still the best looking gal out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.