Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I replaced all 4 speakers and added a amp all went well but the after market fader is causing speakers to brake up i reconected the stock harnes and the front speakers work great but no rear speakers i really dont want a fader can i make the rears work with out a fader . Any help would be great thanks and try to keep cool Rick

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

What amp did you use? Does it have 4 channels? If it is a 4 channel, why not bypass the factory harness and just run new speaker wire to each of the speakers? Then the fader wouldn't be a factor at all.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Your solution will also depend on where the amp wired into the harness, the impedance of the speakers you used, and what kinds of impeadance values your amp will tollerate.

The output from the radio (2-channels) and all four sets of speaker conections are present at the fader... so if the amp is between the radio's otuput and the fader... you should be able to wire speakers in parallel or series to accomodate what your amp will tollerate.

The Fader schematic will look somethign like this (with 2 of these controls stacked onto one common shaft) Each "layer" of the stack is one channel.

If you've used 4-ohm speakers AND your amp is 2-ohm stable, you could configure the wiring for each channel in parallel, to run both front and rear speakers without fader control, kinda like this...

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
What amp did you use? Does it have 4 channels? If it is a 4 channel, why not bypass the factory harness and just run new speaker wire to each of the speakers? Then the fader wouldn't be a factor at all.
thats what i did:action:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.