Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any aftermarket slides available?? $98.00 each from Mother.

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
I'm not too proud to say I have repaired diaphragms with a coating of red RTV over the bad area. . Make sure you let them sit outside of the carbs for 24 hours so the RTV is completely cired. Worked for years.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
384 Posts
I bought a pair from Sabercycle for my 1500 and they were to thick and didn't work right, bought the one's from Honda OEM and have never had another problem. Expensive lesson and a lot of extra work.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a pair from Sabercycle for my 1500 and they were to thick and didn't work right, bought the one's from Honda OEM and have never had another problem. Expensive lesson and a lot of extra work.
I have been wondering about those from Saber. I wouldn't take the chance because of their reputation but good to hear from someone with direct experience. Thanks.

i ordered the diaphragms from JBM. For 40 bucks for 2 it is worth a try. Will post an update later.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only thing cheap about a Gold Wing is the owner (in many cases).

That be me. :grin3: $200 or $40? Which way shall I go? Took the gamble.

I purchased and installed the diaphragm replacements from JBM Industries and they look to be a quality product and work as advertised. If they happen to fail later I will report back.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I got mine from Saber before I read all the negative posts about them. They arrived and fit perfect. I guess I just got lucky!

·
Administrator
24,834 Posts
I got mine from Saber before I read all the negative posts about them. They arrived and fit perfect. I guess I just got lucky!
It's when what you get from them doesn't fit or work is when you will have a problem getting any satisfaction.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,191 Posts
Are you guys really telling me that the 1500/6 only has 2 carburetors?

Well $#!T! That's why I've avoided them for the whole part of my life that they've been around!

4 carbs with continual problems was enough for me to go SCC, 6 would have driven me crazy.

Really???????:|:surprise::frown2:

·
Administrator
21,986 Posts
Are you guys really telling me that the 1500/6 only has 2 carburetors?

Well $#!T! That's why I've avoided them for the whole part of my life that they've been around!

4 carbs with continual problems was enough for me to go SCC, 6 would have driven me crazy.

Really???????:|:surprise::frown2:

You could get a Valkyrie. They have 6 carbs. >:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
The 1800 is fuel injected so it does not have carbs, but it is not as smooth at lower parking lot speeds or such manuvers. That's why my 1500 gets riden more than the 1800. Of course the 1500 is also a better ride. The 1800 is a crotch rocket engine in a Winnabago!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts