Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I thought I read on the forums what that the float bowl capacity of 1500 carbs was but I have not been able to find the post. If anyone can post that info I would surely appreciate it. thanks, george

·
Administrator
24,793 Posts
imported post

I measured bowl capacity for 1100s for the purpose of bench checking for correct float height. That's the only one that has been done as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The reason I was looking for capacity is because I want to end up with floats set to fill the bowl 60-70% full and I did the calculations and found that 40cc puts it right at 70% so I set my floats so that I would get the proper fill. I found that setting the floats to the recommended height did not give me correct amount of fuel and after setting them for the umpteenth time I figured I would set them like I used to set auto carbs back when I was wrenching and after two more adjustments I finally got them set for capacity. So if any of you have trouble setting your floats do it this way and I think it will save time and labor. I know I would rather work on any car than a gw when come to carbs :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

I know I would rather work on any car than a gw when come to carbs :mad:
Amen, Glory Hallelujah !!!! :bow: :applause: :clapper:

I will drink to that !!! :blackstuff: :cheers: :alco:

Say it again !!! :band: :dance: :banana:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

ghaw wrote:
The reason I was looking for capacity is because I want to end up with floats set to fill the bowl 60-70% full and I did the calculations and found that 40cc puts it right at 70% so I set my floats so that I would get the proper fill.
That is very clever. :bow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.