Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a '90 GL1500 SE. Fuel is leaking profusley from the "T" fitting that connects the drain lin on the back side of the carburetors. What does this mean, and why do the carbs have drain lines?

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

They don't have a drain line that I know of. Are you sure it is not the fuel supply line?

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi LApmac,

First,WELCOME to this great site!!!!

O.K., you have a fuel leak.

Can you post a picture of where it is leaking? It will make a world of difference in the ability of people to provide good help.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

I am guessing that you are talking about the lines that are for overflowing carb bowls. This normally happens when one of the floats is stuck in the down position letting fuel flow into the bowl unchecked. Usually this happens when you have a piece of something stuck in the needle of the float assembly.

Many times you can take a long screwdriver or socket extension and tap on the carbs while the motor is running and it will dislodge. If you can't get it to stop that way, you may have to pull the carbs and clean out whatever is stuck in there.

Good luck.

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

Just got mine off today. They got drain screws and hoses. Would not be easy to get when installed.

You sure it is not leaking from above, maybe the bowl gasket.

JD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.